Welcome to Sincerely ShirleyGO!
Sincerely ShirleyGO will always be open to people like you! People like you who want to share articles that are not only beneficial but are also engaging and honest. I feel very honored that you are interested in being part of this blog’s growing community of talented and passionate writers!
Sincerely ShirleyGO seeks to attract writers from every walks of life, whether you be an everyday person with an amazing story to tell or a well-known person with tons of experience that you will like to share. But irrespective of where you come from, what you do and who you are, Sincerely ShirleyGO is about one main thing. What is that? Positivity! This blog desires very much for its community of writers to write on topics that give off positivity and connect to people on an emotional level. In short, Sincerely ShirleyGO values real, honest stories that exude positivity, creativity, uniqueness and a fresh perspective.
There are three main categories in the Sincerely ShirleyGO blog.
You could write under the ‘Life’ category. This section focuses on self-improvement. You could write on your life experiences and how you overcame certain situations in your life. Or you could provide useful tips to tackle life’s stumbling blocks. Or you could write from a professional standpoint on how to navigate through life.
Sincerely ShirleyGO is also a platform where issues in Sierra Leone from child marriage to mental health and women empowerment are discussed. Thus, it is a platform where like-minded people can exchange ideas and brainstorm on ways on how to make Sierra Leone a better nation in every way. Individuals with varying positive views can write on issues in Sierra Leone and how to address them under the ‘Issues in Sierra Leone’ category. People could write (anonymously if so desired) from the perspective of a teen mom or someone who went through child marriage or is suffering from a mental illness etc.
And finally, you are welcome to write under the ‘African Beauty’ category. In this section, you could write on natural hair, tips to growing your natural hair, or experiences you have faced just because you have natural hair. Or you could write on the beauty found in your country, whether it be beauty pertaining to the geography of your country, culture, art, fashion, music etc. You could also write on the pride you feel in being so amazingly African!
You definitely do not have to be a professional writer to be part of the Sincerely ShirleyGO family. Sincerely ShirleyGO just needs you to write from your heart and be passionate about whatever it is you are writing about.
Here are some tips that will help you create an amazing, thoughtful article that will be noticed and appreciated by most:
- Quality. Quality. Quality. Quality of your article trumps article length. Your article could be 300 words (which is what I recommend to be your minimum article word count) or 1500 words (which I recommend to be your maximum article word count). But at the end of the day, the quality of your article is very important. It could be short and sweet or long and engaging.
- Storytelling equals more audience engagement. Do not write as if you are giving a lecture. Write as if you are telling a story to your best friend. People should be able to connect to what you are writing about and not be bored by it. Try and make your sentences short. Try for your sentences to not consist of more than thirteen words. Frequently use transitional words such as and, but and so.
- Have an engaging headline. A headline that will draw people in and make them want to read your article. The first three words of your headline are the most important!
- Your article should have images. They can be personal, appropriate images. Or they could be images that you give appropriate credit to. Three images in an article is good!
- Any data or statistics provided should be given proper attribution.
- At the end of your article there should be your biography. This is where you tell us a little bit about yourself. Two to three sentences should suffice. You can also provide your contact details here: Twitter, Facebook, email address and website (if applicable).
Just a couple more things to know
- Only original content will be accepted.
- You will hear from Sincerely ShirleyGO 5-7 working days following the submission of your article.
- Submission of your article does not guarantee that your article will be posted on the blog.
- Sincerely ShirleyGO reserves the right to edit the content of your article. You would be given a week to look through the edited article. After this allotted time, the article would be posted on the blog.
- You can include links in your post. But they should open up in another window.
Oh, here are some Sincerely ShirleyGO posts that people find most engaging. Hopefully, reading through them, will give you an idea on how to mould your article.
Got questions I have not addressed regarding guest blogging? You can send me an email at [email protected]
You can submit your article for review here.